Huawei Honor 8X Max is a mini-tablet with a 7.12 inch FHD display. This phone has a lot of similarities with its smaller counterpart launched at the same time, the Huawei Honor 8X. Like the Honor 8X, the Honor 8X Max has a tiny notch that houses the 8MP front camera. It has AI powered dual 16MP & 2MP rear cameras, aligned at the same position like the cameras of the Huawei P20. This phone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 chipset and runs on Android Oreo. It is available in 4GB & 6GB RAM options and with the option of going for 64GB or 128GB on-board storage. This phone has a massive 5000mAh battery that easily powers the 7 inch display for a full day of moderate use. In addition, this phablet supports fast charging technology. On this page you will see the price of Huawei Honor 8X Max and its full specifications.
The Key Features Of The Honor 8X Max
- 7.12 inch display, 1080 pixels by 2244pixels resolution
- OS: Android v8.1 Oreo
- Octa-core 1.8GHz processor, Snapdragon 636 chipset
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal storage, MicroSD card up to 256GB
- Back camera: Dual: 16MP (f/2.0, PDAF) + 2MP (f/2.4, depth sensor), LED flash, panorama, HDR, geo-tagging & 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front camera: 8MP, f/2.0, HDR, 720p@30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, microUSB, FM radio
- Sensors: fingerprint(rear), accelerometer, proximity, compass, gyroscope
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 5000mAh battery
Huawei Honor 8X Max Price In Kenya
The price of this phone is expected to start at KSh. 23,000. Price will be updated as soon as it is available in the country.
Huawei Honor 8X Max Pros & Cons
- Huge 7.12 inch display – This display comes with 1080p resolution. Gaming, browsing and watching videos on this phone is fun and comfortable.
- Massive 5000mAh battery – The battery has enough juice to meet the energy demands of the big display for a long periods of time. Furthermore, this phone supports quick charging technology.
- Dual SIM support – This phone comes with two nano-SIM slots. This means that you can use two SIMs in your phone simultaneously. You can enjoy voice calls data offers from different networks.
- 4G LTE support – 4G allows faster internet connection than 3G & 2G networks. This phablet also allow you to enjoy clear calls over 4G (voLTE).
- Decent camera profile – The Honor 8X Max comes with an 8MP selfie camera that can record 720p videos. At the back, it has dual cameras with AI software.
- Large RAM – The mobile phone comes in 4GB & 6GB RAM options. When using this phone, you can run several apps seamlessly.
- Huge internal storage – The device comes in 128GB & 64GB internal storage options. 64GB storage is enough for most people. If you feel that you need more storage, feel free to go for the 128GB storage variant.
- MicroSD card support – You can further expand storage up to 256GB using a memory card.
- Bluetooth enabled – The feature makes it possible for the Honor 8X Max to wirelessly connect to other phones and Bluetooth enabled devices within its range. This allows the user to share files or play music.
- 3.5mm audio jack – This port allows the user connect wired headphones and speakers.
- GPS – GPS enable the user to get geographical information. You can get information about topography, traffic or navigation routes.
- Wi-Fi enabled – This adapter lets you connect to Wi-Fi hotspots nearby to access the internet.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – You can also share the device’s internet connection by creating a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Elegant design – This phone has glossy back panel and tall display design with very thin bezel areas. It is a device with very good looks.
- Hybrid slot – The second SIM and the microSD card share a slot. You can only use one of these cards at a time.
- Non-removable battery – The battery is completely sealed.
- It weighs 210 grams – This puts it on the heavier side. This is something that you should be prepared to deal with to enjoy a device with such a big display.
- No NFC.
Huawei Honor 8X Max Specifications
|Dimensions||177.6mm x 86.3mm x 8.1mm|
|Size||7.12 inch (83.4% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1080 x 2244 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (350PPI)|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636|
|Processor||Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 256GB|
|Back||Dual: 16 Megapixels + 2 Megapixels|
|Features||f/2.0, PDAF (16MP), f/2.4, depth sensor (2MP), LED flash, panorama, HDR, geo-tagging & 1080p@30fps video recording|
|Features||f/2.0, HDR, 720p@30fps|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS|