Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 is the first smartphone from Samsung with four rear camera lenses. It comes with a 24MP lens that is AI powered, 8MP lens for wide-angle shots (120-degress), 10MP telephoto lens with 2X Optical Zoom and a 5MP dedicated for Bokeh effects at the back. The selfie camera is 24MP. This phone features a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED 1080p display with pleasant viewing angles. It runs on Android Oreo and is powered by Snapdragon 660 chipset. The A9 2018 is available in 8GB & 6GB RAM variants both with 128GB internal storage space. Powering it is a 3800mAh battery supporting fast charging technology.
The Key Features Of The Galaxy A9 2018
- 6.3 inch display, 1080 pixels by 2220 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v8.0 Oreo
- Octa Core 2.2GHz Processor, Snapdragon 660 chipset
- 6/8GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, MicroSD card up to 512GB
- Back camera: Four: 24MP (f/1.7, PDAF) + 8MP, (f/2.4, ultrawide) + 10MP (f/2.4, 2x optical zoom) + 5MP (f/2.2, depth sensor), LED flash, panorama, HDR, 2160p@30fps & 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front camera: 24MP, f/2.0, HDR & 1080p@30fps video recording
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB 2.0, NFC, FM radio
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 3800mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 Price In Kenya
|Mobile hub*Trusted Seller*||KSh53,499.00 Order Now!*Delivery Fees May Apply*|
|Ganane smartphones*Trusted Seller*||KSh51,500.00 Order Now!*Delivery Fees May Apply*|
|Jumia*Trusted Seller*||KSh52,799.00 Order Now!*Delivery Fees May Apply*|
Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 Pros & Cons
- Big and tall display design – The 6.3 inch FHD Super AMOLED is bright and it has minimal shadows. You get vibrant pictures with accurate colors.
- Impressive and unique camera set-up. The 4 camera lenses at the back perform different functions that enhance the quality of photos and videos captured. This phone allows you to take wide angle and portrait photos and videos.
- 8GB of RAM – Lagging is the last thing you should expect from this phone when multitasking. Several apps can run at the same time with no lagging issues. A 6GB RAM variant is available at a lower cost.
- 128GB internal storage – This is sufficient for saving all kinds of all kinds of files including high-end apps and long videos.
- MicroSD card support – This slot can support additional storage up to 512GB.
- Fast charging battery – You can recharge the plus size 3800mAh battery within a short period of time.
- Dual SIM support – It has two nano SIM slots. This allows you to separate business and work as well as enjoy data and voice offers from different networks.
- 4G LTE network support – This phone can connect to several 4G LTE bands available in Kenya.
- Powered by Snapdragon 660 chipset – This is a fast mid-range chipset that comes with an Octa-core 2.2GHz processor.
- Bluetooth enabled – This wireless connection feature allows the user connect the device to other devices with Bluetooth.
- Wi-Fi enabled- This technology can allow the phone detect available Wi-Fi networks and connect to them. The Samsung A9 2018 can also be configured to becomes a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Has 3.5mm jack connector – Most people still rely on this good old feature that allows them to connect to wired audio devices.
- NFC connectivity – The feature provides a fast and secured way of connecting to other devices with minimal configurations. You can use it to share files or make payments.
- Elegant thin body design – The Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 has a tall body that comprises of a metal frame with glass panels. This smartphone is only 7.8mm thick.
- FM radio receiver.
- No wireless charging.
- Non-removable battery.
- Not water and dust resistant.
Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 Specifications
|Dimensions||162.5mm x 77mm x 7.8mm|
|SIM||Dual Nano SIM|
|Size||6.3 inches, (80.5% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, with 16M colors|
|Resolution||1080 pixels x 2220 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio, (392PPI)|
|Operating System||Android v8.1 Oreo|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660|
|Processor||Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)|
|Micro SD Slot||Yes, up to 512GB(dedicated slot)|
|Back||Four: 24 Megapixels + 8 Megapixels + 10 Megapixels + 5 Megapixels|
|Features||f/1.7, PDAF (24MP),|
, f/2.4, 12mm-ultrawide (8MP), f/2.4, telephoto, 2x optical zoom (10MP), f/2.2, depth sensor (5MP), LED flash, panorama, HDR, 2160p@30fps & 1080p@30fps video recording
|Features||f/2.0, HDR & 1080p@30fps video recording|
|Alert types||Vibration, ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX, HD|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|Radio||Yes, with RDS|