The new Galaxy Note 9 has much the same hardware and cameras as the Galaxy S9 Plus. The main thing that sets the Galaxy Note 9 apart is its S Pen, which now has added Bluetooth connectivity and can be used as a single-button Bluetooth remote control. Samsung’s Experience UI is highly customised but feels smooth and natural to use, with several thoughtful ways to use the S Pen. This phone is a bit too large and heavy, but it has a huge 6.4-inch screen with curved edges and a 4000mAh battery that could last you up to two days. The cameras are great, and Samsung’s app gives you a lot to play with. If you want to spend this much money and can live with the bulk, the Galaxy Note 9 delivers a top-class experience. Read detailed Samsung Galaxy Note 9 review
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. This phone comes just a few months after the release of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the S9 Plus at the MWC 2018. The Note 9 is better than all Samsung Note phones we have seen before in almost all aspects. The Samsung Note 9 features a large 6.4 inch Infinity display, a large 4000mAh battery and up to 512GB storage. The rear camera is better positioned compared to that of the Note 8 and the S-Pen is Bluetooth enabled to allow the user to activate differed set shortcuts remotely. The Galaxy Note 9 is one of the few devices that strikes a very good balance between productivity and entertainment. This page provides the price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in Kenya, specs and everything you need to know.
The Key Features Of Galaxy Note 9
- 6.4 inch display, 1440 pixels x 2960 pixels resolution
- OS: Android v8.1 Oreo
- Octa Core processor, Exynos 9810 Octa chipset
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 128/512GB internal storage, MicroSD up to 256GB
- Back camera: Dual: 12MP (f/1.5-2.4, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 12MP (f/2.4, AF), LED flash, phase detection autofocus, 2X Optical zooming, OIS, touch focus, geo-tagging, auto HDR, panorama, face/smile detection, simultaneous 4K & 9MP image rec, 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps & dual-video rec
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual-video call & Auto HDR
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v5, NFC
- Sensors: fingerprint(rear), Face ID, iris scanner, accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- 2G, 3G, 4G networks
- 4000mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Price In Kenya
|Samsung Galaxy Note 9 6GB 128GB|
|KSh85,999.00 Order Now!*Delivery Fees May Apply*|
|KSh75,000.00 Order Now!*Delivery Fees May Apply*|
|Jumia*Trusted Seller*||KSh84,999.00 Order Now!*Delivery Fees May Apply*|
|KSh78,600.00 Order Now!*Delivery Fees May Apply*|
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Specs Review
Design & Display
The Note 9 comes with a 6.4 inch super AMOLED display. This is arguably the best display in the world right now. The display on the Note 9 is slightly bigger than that on last year’s Note 8 but the two phones seem to be of the same size. However, the Note 9 is slightly shorter and wider. It also weighs a little more: 201g vs. 195g. The Infinity display is bright and has 18.5: 9 aspect ratio. The Note 9 comes with two features that are missing in many flagship these days: a microSD card slot and headphone jack. Samsung Note 9 is IP68 certified (water and dustproof).
Another feature that is present in the Note 9 that is lacking in the iPhone X, Oppo find X and a few other flagships is a fingerprint scanner. This smartphone also has face unlock feature and an iris scanner. The fingerprint scanner is centrally placed at the back. The Note 8 has a fingerprint scanner on the rear but its off-center, something that most people don’t like.
Hardware, Software & Performance
The Samsung galaxy Note 9 is powered by Samsung’s own Exynos 9810 chipset supported with either 6GB of RAM or 8GB of RAM. The 6GB RAM variant comes with 128GB on-board storage while the 8GB RAM version comes with 512GB on-board storage. This phones supports microSD cards of up to 512GB. This means that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is the first phone that allows up to 1TB storage space.
Samsung Note 9 runs on Android Oreo with Samsung Experience software on top. Obviously, Samsung will provide and upgrade to Android Pie.
The Note 9 comes with the same rear camera profile of the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. It features dual 12MP rear cameras utilizing the dual aperture technology. This means that the rear camera can switch from an f/2.4 aperture in well-lit environments to the f/1.5 aperture when it’s being used in low light areas. The rear shooter can capture pretty impressive photos in the darkest of places. The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is one of the very best camera phones in the world right now. The rear camera has a host features including Optical Image Stabilization and 2x optical zoom. There are up to 20 different camera settings including Portraits, Flowers, Food, Sky, Mountains, Trees, Sunsets and Sunrises, Snow, Waterfalls, Birds, Street scenes, Beaches etc.
The selfie camera on the Galaxy Note 9 is 8MP. This camera captures pretty decent photos too. It is the first Samsung Galaxy Note front camera with Autofocus. The camera app is amazing and provides an array of options including wide group selfies, array stickers, slow-motion videos etc.
Battery & Extras
The Note 9 comes with a larger battery than the Note 8: 4000mAh vs 3500mAh. This phone supports fast charging and wireless charging. Samsung promises a day long battery life to heavy users. If you are moderate user, you use this phone for up to two days on a single charge.
Samsung Note 9 comes with a Stylus S pen that is nothing like what we have seen before. The S pen is Bluetooth enabled and it can be used for a lot of tricks.
This S Pen can connect to the phone when its 9 meters away. You can use the S pen stylus to:
- Remotely launch the camera app
- Take photos & record videos remotely
- Control the music player (Previous/Next)
- Advancing to next/previous photo when using the photo gallery.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Pros & Cons
- Large super AMOLED display – The Note 9 features a big 6.4 inch super AMOLED display. Super AMOLED displays are known for their good sunlight legibility and low power consumption. This display is very responsive. Reading, watching videos or browsing on this phone is a pleasant experience.
- Dual SIM support – Samsung Note 9 supports the use of two SIMs at the same time. You can use both Safaricom and Airtel or Telkom at the same time.
- High screen resolution – The display on this smartphone has a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. Images displayed are sharp and clear.
- High resolution cameras – Galaxy Note 9 has high resolution cameras that capture clear, sharp photos and videos. It has 12MP + 12MP dual camera on the rear and an 8MP front facing camera. Both have a flash for brightening low light shots.
- Adequate storage space – The Note 9 has two variants: one with 128GB on board storage and the other with 512GB on-board storage. This is adequate storage space for apps and media.
- MicroSD support – This smartphone has a hybrid slot that supports memory cards of up to 512GB. If you get yourself the 512GB RAM variant of the Galaxy Note 9. You can have up to 1TB storage space in your smartphone.
- Octa-core CPU – The 8 core CPU used the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 facilitates seamless multitasking. It is powerful and it can handle even the most demanding tasks.
- Lots of RAM – This smartphone comes with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM. Lots of RAM means multiple apps can run on this smartphone simultaneously without lagging.
- Supports 4G – 4G phones allow you to enjoy fast downloads and upload speeds than 3G. When you have Note 9, you will always be able to connect to 4G networks in Kenya offered by Telkom, Safaricom and the other mobile network providers.
- Wi-Fi support: This phone allows you to connect to Wi-Fi networks in your surroundings as well as create a Wi-Fi hotspot that other devices can use to access the internet.
- Has Bluetooth version 5: Bluetooth allows you to connect to other Bluetooth enabled gadgets wireless. Bluetooth v5 is faster than all earlier versions of Bluetooth.
- Face Unlock: This features allows you to unlock your phone quickly using your phone.
- Fingerprint security: The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 comes with a rear mounted fingerprint scanner that you can always use to gain access to your phone quickly.
- GPS supports: You can use GPS to know distances, find locations and facilities as well as get directions.
- Supports NFC: This features allows you to connect to other NFC enabled devices. NFC also facilitates wireless payments.
- 3.5mm headphone jack – This allows you to use wired headphones as well as connect to other devices that have the 3.5mm port.
- Its weight is on the higher side – Samsung Note 9 weighs 201 grams.
- Hybrid SIM slot – You have to decide whether you are going to use a memory card or the second SIM. Both can’t be used at the same time.
- Non-removable battery – You won’t be able to replace the battery when it depreciates.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 full specifications
|Release date||August 2018|
|Dimensions (mm)||161.90 x 76.40 x 8.80|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||4000|
|Colours||Midnight Black, Metallic Copper, Ocean Blue, Lavender Purple|
|Screen size (inches)||6.40|
|Processor make||Samsung Exynos 9810|
|Expandable storage type||microSD|
|Expandable storage up to (GB)||512|
|Operating system||Android 8.1|
|Skin||Samsung Experience UX|
|Wi-Fi standards supported||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v 5.00|
|Number of SIMs||2|
|Supports 4G in India (Band 40)||Yes|
|Supports 4G in India (Band 40)||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|